11.06.2008

the city she loves me

I was off to Manila yesterday to attend a meeting at MOA. Since a colleague was an hour late, I bought breakfast and some munchies for the ‘journey’. (cost:P150 - pay me, Avel). Our driver had to make the van fly and take every shortcut to somehow make up for the wasted time.

On our way, we passed by Radio Veritas. The Thursday memories flashed back when I used to do stints on air to promote our NGO partners. I was always nervous to go on air. Hindi ko talaga mine-mention na "’Oy, nasa radyo ako mamaya ha. Pakinggan n’yo ko..." Hindi talaga ako pang-showbiz eh..hehehe. If I wasn’t discussing solo our projects or our partner’s projects (in behalf of those who promised but did not show up for the interview), I was backing up for other NGO’s as they discuss their advocacies.

Sometimes I feel like I dont have a partner
Sometimes I feel like my only friend
Is the city I live in, The city of angels
Lonely as I am, Together we cry

We passed by UST taking España. Shucks. I miss that royal, pontifical university so much. "Pwede bang magpa-photo op?" I quipped. The busy sight reminded me of a time when we got stranded inside our buildings and students are left with no choice but to either stay inside their buildings or walk their way through the eeewe flood. Of course, I chose the former. Ako? Pasusugudin mo sa baha??? Ali siguru, brads! LOL.

Jollibee burger meals were distributed to students who stayed , and it was all for FREE! ..it was like fiesta! The students owned the classrooms, loittered , goofed around, played loud music, some even took the freedom to turn on the Rizal Audi’s aircon on so some of us can sleep soundly that night. haha

I drive on her streets cause shes my companion
I walk through her hills cause she knows who I am
She sees my good deeds
And she kisses me windy
I never worry
Now that is a lie

We also passed by Quiapo church which reminded me of the only time I went there (because I didn’t know where else to go - I skipped work) and had a fortuneteller read "my future". I remember her saying that (1) someone at work envies me, (2) the person I was with then loves me so much but he’s not yet ‘the one’, and (3) i’d be able to travel. All three of that was worth P100. =p ..and then she offered me her other services, which I declined. =)

I dont ever want to feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love
Take me all the way

At MOA, during our lunchbreak, I wanted to go around and window shop but time did not permit. We just ate at Sbarro (cost:P200), then went to Watson’s to grab water and some munchies (cost:P50).

Its hard to believe that theres nobody out there
Its hard to believe that Im all alone
At least I have her love
The city she loves me
Lonely as I am
Together we cry

I was dismissed at 5.50pm by our boss. She understood the hassle of me commuting all by myself, plus my colds and headache were only getting worse. My butt was itching to pass by our Makati home to see Tita Chat, Checwa and the 2 crazy dogs.

I took a cab (cost:P80 - ...Ayayay, traffic! You just gotta love it!) so I could get there possibly faster because Jeff was also bugging me to immediately go home. I just dismissed him by saying, "wag ka nga makulet." Besides, I wanted to get my pasaporte (which, I discovered, would expire 2010 pa! Yey! ...pero single pa ko sa passport ko...nyak!)

I dont ever want to feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love
Take me all the way

When I got there...anya bay!...Piccha and Spyder were barking at me nonstop! Pinagtutulungan pa ko ng mga ulul. LOL But their tails were swinging left and right endlessly. Hehe ...they still know me! But they just needed to bark - they’re dogs! Hello. I couldn’t move freely. They were cornering me!

I tried my charm with Spyder by calling him "bambini" and "famfalla" (nicknames my mom and tita baptized him with), and that was the only time he stopped barking at me. Chec was laughing. She thought it was hilarious. I thought so, too. This time I was saying his nicknames so close to his face, he couldn’t move a bit. Haha natameme. Haha ...UNTIL, I had to get up from my seat and go to the bathroom. There he went barking at me again. I was bullied up to the last minute before leaving for Pampanga.

You know, Spyder is a very territorial being. He thinks that they own the house, bedroom and bathroom included, even if they sleep downstairs.

...aaaahhh, the pleasure of home. (Priceless.)

Checwa made me a sandwhich, gave me a bottle of Yakult, and gave dogfood for Assunta the Rotweiler (not for me!) "Wow, para akong papasok sa school ah," I commented. Checwa is most of the time like that... Like a big sister to me... Always more than a cousin.

We made our final chika for the day, then off I went back to Pampanga. It was fleeting but worth it.

Under the bridge downtown
Is where I drew some blood
Under the bridge downtown
I could not get enough
Under the bridge downtown
Forgot about my love
Under the bridge downtown
I gave my life away

(*^*)
Later.... SMS exchange after reading late her text...

Checwa : Insan, kainin mo yung sandwhich para hindi ka gutumin sa byahe. Naiwan mo watch mo. Ingat!

me : ey, 10.30pm na ko nakauwi... Naglinis pa ko bottles so ngayon lang ako pahinga.. Thanks sa sandwhich... Sarap... Parang Subway na din. Hehe ..paki-tago na lang yung watch ko... Gdnyt!

Checwa : lettuce na lang kulang... Charot! Haha gdnyt.

1 comment:

Janys said...

at last lumabas ka sa kuta mo... at sa pglabas mo e naging makulay ang iyong paglalakbay... kaso lang dahil di ka ata sanay nalanghap mo lahat ng virus at inuwi mo dito since di ka naman madamot sinishare mo sa iba yung infection... ayus!